This project is read-only.

Touchless shutting down 1 sec after starting up

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Hi, I would like to know first if this is a place where I can post bugs of the program, or if that is not welcome here.

If i can, the tittle describes the bug by itself.
As soon as I start the program, it will shut down. I have tryed a logitech webcam, but I will try with another one asap and in another computer, and i will post results and more concret webcams models.

Is this a known bug with an easy way to be solved? If so, where can i find a description of the possible solution?
Thanks a lot!

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Hey armagedoom,

This is a good place for the problem you describe, especially because I could use some more detail.
Are you using the 1.0 release or a later build from the source repository? Is there any message/error?
This isn't a known issue, unless you're running Touchless from inside a zip file (you need to extract).

Please do try the app with another webcam or on another machine. Or try that webcam with another app.
What is the configuration of that machine? (OS, webcam model/drivers, .NET version, DirectX version...)
I hope I'll be able to help more with some additional information.

Thanks,
- Mike
Feb 14, 2009 at 10:10 PM
It was the cammera, "logitech expressII" not compatible with the program, coz I try it with the "PS2 eyetoy", and it will work like charm.
Both on windows XP, with SP3
The version of the program installed is the last one I could download 3 days ago, at this link:
http://www.codeplex.com/touchless/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=17986

There was no message or error, the program just shut down (was not running from a zip hehe, im not a computer noob ^^).
DirectX and .net are the lastest ones.

So no help needed coz its working now, but if u need any more info to locate the bug, just ask.

Thankyou, and Id like to give u a message of encoragement with the project, wich promisses a lot.
Feb 15, 2009 at 10:58 PM
Hmm, I'm guessing the problem would be with WebCamLib's use of the camera driver.
I encourage you to try the latest version of the application to see if the bug is still present.
Here's a link: http://www.codeplex.com/touchless/SourceControl/changeset/view/28723#
Click the download link in green, you'll get source code and binaries are in the "bin" folder.

WebCamLib needs maintenence, and that should be addressed in the coming weeks.
In the mean time, I'm glad you have a backup camera.

I'm glad to hear you like the library/demo.
Spread the word; make and share something cool!
- Mike