This project is read-only.

Touchless with SilverLight

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM

All,

A few days ago I discovered this wonderfull project. At the moment I'm trying to build a kind of webshop where customers can click on their desired clothes with a marker and try it out to see how it fits by moving the selected clothe over their own body.

Before doing this I already tried some Touchless demo's and I find it quite hard to learn, but once you known the basics it's a little bit simpler :)

I already saw some stuff where there is an integration with WPF but I can't find anything about Silverlight. For the project I'm trying to build I would love to use silverlight for it, but can't find any resources for this.

Does anybody got some usefull references/tips/tutorials/.... concerning the integration with SilverLight? I know there is not a big webcam support in silverlight at the moment, but I guess it's not impossible? is it?

Kr,

Nov 24, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hi,

Last week at PDC Microsoft anounced new features in Silverlight 4 - and not suprisingly one of them is full camera/mic support. Since there is also a Silverlight 4 Beta available I already started working on porting Touchless to Silverlight (it was quite easy). I already have the core framework working and now I'm just finishing a demo application. I hope to publish it this week on my blog so stay tuned.

-Szymon

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM
kobush wrote:

Hi,

Last week at PDC Microsoft anounced new features in Silverlight 4 - and not suprisingly one of them is full camera/mic support. Since there is also a Silverlight 4 Beta available I already started working on porting Touchless to Silverlight (it was quite easy). I already have the core framework working and now I'm just finishing a demo application. I hope to publish it this week on my blog so stay tuned.

-Szymon

wow Kobush, at the right time there are some changes for Silverlight.... You will be my hero!! :d :)

I'll wait patiently for an update on your blog :)

Kr,

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Hi Kr,

I finished first spike of Touchless for SL4 over the weekend and I'm happy to tell that all works well. Here you can see the demo http://geekswithblogs.net/kobush/archive/2009/11/29/touchlesssl.aspx

Currently only the image demo is implemented and I will add more when I have some more time. I will try to blog shortly about the implementation in couple of days.

Please note that this port is based on old version of Touchless SDK that I made about a year ago for WPF. So now I need to see what changed since then and merge the changes.

-Szymon

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:31 AM

This is awesome, Szymon. When you have your blog post ready, I think I'll put the link on the main Touchless page.

Feb 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Kobush,

I am trying to use your demo to create my own Silverlight 4 and Touchless app.  However, I am having huge issues getting this process to work.  What tools did you use to develop this app ?  I am using Visual Studios 2010 beta 2 with Silverlight 4 and I am constantly getting errors such as "Breakpoint will not be hit, symbols not loaded" as well as "Operation not complete, there is not enough storage space" and sometimes both your app and my own will run fine, not complain about the breakpoints not being hit but all the same not stop on them.  Even in App startup breakpoints are not hit.  

How did you manage to develop this ? Did you not come across these troubles ? I figured as we must use beta versions that there would be a few issues here and there but...this makes development impossible.