This project is read-only.

Unusable in VB.NET?

Jan 29, 2010 at 2:06 AM

I am observing some odd behavior from the Touchless SDK in VB.NET (2008 Express).  After creating a new Windows Application and adding a reference to TouchlessLib.dll, VB recognizes the Touchless library (will perform autocompletes, etc).  However, when I add the following code to the Form, things don't work:

Public Class Form1
    Private mgr As TouchlessLib.TouchlessMgr

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        mgr = New TouchlessLib.TouchlessMgr()
    End Sub
End Class

If I set a breakpoint on the mgr = line, the breakpoint is never hit even though the Form seems to load and behave just fine (it's as if the Form1_Load routine is never executed).  If I comment out the mgr = line, a breakpoint on End Sub is hit when the Form loads (correct behavior).  Is Touchless just not usable from VB.NET perhaps?  That would be unfortunate.

Thanks,

Ben

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Here's the (partial) solution for anyone else who encounters this problem:  For mysterious reasons, VB.NET decides to skip code in lieu of throwing an exception when certain exceptions are generated while a Form is loading.  Moving the mgr = line to a Click event on a button revealed an error where the WebCamLib.dll was incompatible with the VB.NET project, presumably because I'm using a 64-bit machine.  I'm still working on how to solve that problem.