Deployed Exe App Doesn't Execute

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM
Dear All,

I have built a simple exe appliocation that uses the Touchless Lib and WebCam lib, the application runs perfectly
under vs 2008 but if i try to execute the .exe file the application does even start i simply
the Appname as stopped working ..search for solution dialog box.

So, i downloaded the latest build from Codplex and if i run the demo app in debug and then press the drop down for the demo crashes
with

"Could not load file or assembly 'WebCamLib, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = Real-PC\Ladva
LOG: DisplayName = WebCamLib, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
 (Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/_downloads/touchless-55790/trunk/Touchless/Touchless.Demo/bin/Debug/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : Touchless.Vision, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: No application configuration file found.
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/_downloads/touchless-55790/trunk/Touchless/Touchless.Demo/bin/Debug/WebCamLib.DLL.
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x8007000b). Probing terminated.

I've done a clean and rebuild of the entire solution but to no avail.

Pls help.

Thnx
Mar 22, 2010 at 11:29 AM

even i got this error.. please help

May 16, 2010 at 12:08 AM

hi guys i know it's a bit late, but could be useful for others.

make sure you have referenced the two libraries correctly.

and then, try the following : either:

1- replace the existing dll with the new one, or

2- set the correct startup file in the project explorer.

hope this works.

Oct 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

hi guys,

change platform target to "x86" instead of "any cpu" on the BUILD tab of your project.

it will not work to "any cpu" and x64" platform.

Sep 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM

how will I be able to run this on 64 bit cpu? is it possible?