Touchless SDK Walkthrough Sample Video

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi All,

The video seems to be down at the moment.
Does anyone know when it'll be back up?

In the meantime, does anyone have code for a simple demo so I can get an idea how to start using the Touchless SDK?

Thanks

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:33 AM

Hey, I would really like to know where the video is as well, or when it will be up. As a newer user I'm having a great deal of trouble knowing what to do =(

Mikeeeee help us! we need that video!

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Just download the sources, there is a really good sample project included which may show rather quick how to use touchless, at least for me that was really enough.

Go read some lines of foreign code ;)

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Thanks for the reply eFloh.

I looked through the sample sources but I wasn't able to make heads or tails of them. I think they are also written in C# or C++, I'm a bit more farmiliar with VB than C.  What file should I start with? There are several files in the sample folder. Does each file show a different aspect of touchless? What are the file's showing? Also are the files suppose to fun, I get an error about "source control not found" when I try to run them.

For my project I'm looking for as something as simple just creating a marker and being able to read the X and Y coordinate data and outputing information through SerialPort.

Oct 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM

familiar*

Also are the files suppose to run**

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I just posted the C# Walkthrough Sample video at: http://www.vimeo.com/7100308

See the VB sample and video game code at: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/vbtouchless

You can ignore the source control warnings, those are for uploading to this site.

The important file is Form1.cs, everything else is done with the VS Form Designer.

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Wow that explains everything! thanks a lot Michwass! Please keep the video up, I (and I'm sure others) need to study it carefully.  Since I'm still just learning VB I think I'll switch over to C# to make using touchless sdk easier.  I'll submit my project once it's done!

Thanks again! and nice video quality too.

Mahhari.