Can Two Camera Run Simultaneously? yes/no

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:43 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2009 at 4:44 AM

I need to run two cameras simultaneously in one application and get data from both cameras. Is this possible?

Under the help file for: CurrentCamera Property it says:

"The camera currently acquiring images, only one camera can be acquiring at one time and its starts acquiring as soon as it is set"

If I created two TouchlessMgr instances like could I have one cam on each instance? for example:

TouchlessMgr _touch1 = new  TouchlessMgr();

TouchlessMgr _touch2 = new  TouchlessMgr();

_touch1.CurrentCamera = _touch1.Cameras[0];

_touch2.CurrentCamera = _touch2.Cameras[1];

Oct 28, 2009 at 4:49 AM

or perhaps:

Camera c = new Camera();
            Camera d = new Camera();
            c = _touch.Cameras[0];
            d = _touch.Cameras[1];
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Nope, sorry. I've wanted this functionality for a while, but have insuficient DirectShow experience. Perhaps sometime soon or with some help...

- Mike

Oct 30, 2009 at 8:42 AM

- Mike

I can to send working example how to use two or more cameras simultaneously using DirectShow, if you want.
I use 5 cameras in my C# project now.

Andrew P.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Cool! If you have the rights to redistribute that code, it doesn't use AviCap32, and it doesn't depend on external projects (like DirectShow.NET); please do send it along. It would be great if you could prepare a patch that integrates your project into Touchless by extending or replacing WebCamLib? I could then expose the functionality through TouchlessMgr. Otherwise, e-mail me your project and I'll take a look as I have time. Thanks!

- Mike

Nov 10, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Did anything happen with this? Mike, are you working on a new dual cam option?

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2009 at 4:54 AM

I'm waiting on Andrew to reply, I'll PM him. I'll be glad to help integrate any viable patches to support this functionality.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:15 AM

HI

i AM DEVELOPING AN APPLICATION IN C# TO CONTROL 3 WEBCAMS.

BUT I CANT CONTROL MORE THAN ONE. CAN ANY ONE SEND THE SOURCE CODE OF HOW TO CONTROL MORE THAN 1 WEBCAM USING TOUCHLESS SDK IT WILL BE VERY USEFULL FOR ME.

REGARDS

MUTHU

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:28 AM

- Mike

Hello.
I can send example to you ... but how I can to do this? (to which e-mail or ...)
..see P.S. & P.P.S. below...

- Muthu

I sent example which work with some web cams at one time for you, but I use DirectShow.NET library for this.

Write me if u have some questions.

P.S.: -Mile. This example don't use touchless SDK. It's only example how I use some web cams in my app. You can adapt your SDK (or my example :) ) if you want.

P.P.S.: I think that you can make some compilation of DirectShow.NET library if you don't want to use this library.

Andrew.

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:10 AM
Please send the sample to this email id ntumuthu@gmail.com

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM, apetrachenko <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

- Mike

Hello.
I can send example to you ... but how I can to do this? (to which e-mail or ...)
..see P.S. & P.P.S. below...

- Muthu

I sent example which work with some web cams at one time for you, but I use DirectShow.NET library for this.

Write me if u have some questions.

P.S.: -Mile. This example don't use touchless SDK. It's only example how I use some web cams in my app. You can adapt your SDK (or my example :) ) if you want.

P.P.S.: I think that you can make some compilation of DirectShow.NET library if you don't want to use this library.

Andrew.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (touchless@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email touchless@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Apretracenko:

Hi, i read your post. Can u email me the source code? I just want to load two camera in my main form and able to capture photo on the both camera. I searched high and low at google for many hours untill i saw you. I would be appreciate if you can email it to me at testdebug@hotmail.com
Thank you.

Daren

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:46 PM
darenwai wrote:

Apretracenko:

Hi, i read your post. Can u email me the source code? I just want to load two camera in my main form and able to capture photo on the both camera. I searched high and low at google for many hours untill i saw you. I would be appreciate if you can email it to me at testdebug@hotmail.com
Thank you.

Daren

Sent

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM

VB sample project was added..

Apr 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Apretracenko:

Hi,

I read your post. Can u email me the source code?

I just want to load two camera in my main form and able to capture photo on the both camera.

I would be appreciate if you can email it to me at arunmanobanu@yahoo.co.in

Thank you.

Arun

Apr 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Sent

May 23, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Apretracenko:

Heya, I would like to recieve the files, could you please email them at phantomsurfr@gmail.com

Many Thanks,

Tolson

May 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM

Apretracenko:

I just read the above post and is keenly interested in the source code.Please send it to me at unnikrishnan.anil@gmail.com

Thanks in advance,

Anil.

Jun 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Sent

Jun 5, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Sent

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:04 AM

hiya cud i get the source code thanks a million :) angela_nolan@live.com

Jun 9, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Sent

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:59 AM
Edited Jun 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Hi Apetrachenko,

thank you for your kind contribution, eh..mind if i can share your source code as well? I hope to load two cameras and able to capture videos on the both creative web cameras. I searched in google for many hours until i come across this forum. I would be appreciate if you can email it to me at pengjm18@yahoo.com.sg 

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards,

jimmy. 

P.S. hmm..not sure if i could ask this, but is your program able to mix two videos captured into one video? Thanks. :)

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Sent.

What do you mean "able to mix two videos captured into one video"?
Example able to read separate samples (frames) from some input devices. And you can to do any processing with this data (filter, mix, write to file, view to screen & etc.)
..you can make your event handler..

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Thanks apetrachenko. That's was real fast. Thank you. :)

Jul 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Hello, I have the same problen and was hoping that you would send that source code my way too.

anthrax.f@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM
Edited Jul 17, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Sent example sources

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Hi, Andrew.

Can you send your example mee too at chudinia[at]gmail.com

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM
ili wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

Can you send your example mee too at chudinia[at]gmail.com

Example was sent

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I know you get this a lot Apetrachenko, but can you send me an example too at f.xrave@gmail.com please? :D

Thanks a lot~

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:38 AM
Xrave wrote:

I know you get this a lot Apetrachenko, but can you send me an example too at f.xrave@gmail.com please? :D

Thanks a lot~

Example was sent

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:54 AM

Hi apetrachenko,

I would like to have a copy of example also. kindly send at redbinhilan@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:27 PM
redzer0 wrote:

Hi apetrachenko,

I would like to have a copy of example also. kindly send at redbinhilan@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot

Example was sent

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Hello,

Can you send me your example?

brilkov@yahoo.com

Best regards

Jan 23, 2011 at 6:30 AM

hello, apetrachenko

i've read your post above...

could you please send me the source code and the example to seventhmoon123@gmail.com

thank you very much... :D

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM
brilkov wrote:

Hello,

Can you send me your example?

brilkov@yahoo.com

Best regards

Example was sent

Jan 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM
sevencolored wrote:

hello, apetrachenko

i've read your post above...

could you please send me the source code and the example to seventhmoon123@gmail.com

thank you very much... :D

Example was sent

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:23 AM

hello, apetrachenko

I am also looking into working with 2 or more webcams at the same time, is there any chance you could also e-mail me your example and source to parrjohn@hotmail.com ?

Best regards

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Edited Mar 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Hi,

I have coded a C# WPF app that let you connect Kinects and webcams to take pictures and videos from all sources at the same time. I'm using Touchless to manage the webcams, but I have a rather big problem. Those webcams run 1080p at 30fps and they can't be used asynchronously because TouchlessMgr is monolithic. I have to alternate between cameras by setting the "TouchlessMgr.CurrentCamera" to each one successively while I would need to run them in their own thread with their own TouchlessMgr and Camera handle. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,

Louis

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:13 PM
parrjohn wrote:

hello, apetrachenko

I am also looking into working with 2 or more webcams at the same time, is there any chance you could also e-mail me your example and source to parrjohn@hotmail.com ?

Best regards

Sent

Mar 27, 2011 at 11:16 PM
lpbourret wrote:

Hi,

I have coded a C# WPF app that let you connect Kinects and webcams to take pictures and videos from all sources at the same time. I'm using Touchless to manage the webcams, but I have a rather big problem. Those webcams run 1080p at 30fps and they can't be used asynchronously because TouchlessMgr is monolithic. I have to alternate between cameras by setting the "TouchlessMgr.CurrentCamera" to each one successively while I would need to run them in their own thread with their own TouchlessMgr and Camera handle. Any advice on that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,

Louis

I can to send sample project to you If you want. Tell me your e-mail address then.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I would greatly appreciate a the code as well!  

jtford55@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM

apetrachenko, I sent you a private message to get the code aswell, thank you for your time

May 13, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Could you please send me the code as well?

Jakal@insightbb.com

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hi apetrachenko,

Can you send the code to me as well? Thanks in advance dennis.medina@outlook.com

Sep 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM
apetrachenko wrote:

- Mike

I can to send working example how to use two or more cameras simultaneously using DirectShow, if you want.

Andrew P.

Can you send the code to me as well?

Thanks!

dennis.medina@outlook.com

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM
apetrachenko wrote:

- Mike

Andrew P.

Hello apetrachenko,

I appreciate so much your contribution. I'd be very interested in getting a multi-camera application, maybe you can help me :)

Would you mind sending me an example application in C# where I can use more than one camera simultaneously? I'm not very familiar to the "low level" functions like DirectShow... I'd be nice to have a MainForm where I can see how to manage all the cameras.

Thank you in advance for your help. Great work!!

Kind regards,

I. Muslera

nacho.muslera@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM
apetrachenko wrote:
  • Mike I can to send working example how to use two or more cameras simultaneously using DirectShow, if you want.I use 5 cameras in my C# project now.Andrew P.
Hi Apetrachenko,

I am developing a WPF app that needs to connect to more than 1 camera at one time, could you send me your sample code to do that ? Thanks in Advance..

Regards,
bskhoo
skye0504@yahoo.com
Apr 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Hi Apetrachenko,

Could you send me the example to run 5 webcams using directshow ??

my email is surya2089@gmail.com
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Sent example to Rohan..